List:       freedesktop-create
Subject:    Re: [CREATE] W3C Invites Implementations of Ink Markup Language
From:       Martin Renold <martinxyz () gmx ! ch>
Date:       2011-01-18 21:27:10

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 08:51:43AM +0200, Jon Nordby wrote:
> On 12 January 2011 09:28, Camille Bissuel <cbissuel@yagraph.org> wrote:
> > http://www.w3.org/News/2011.html#entry-8986
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/CR-InkML-20110111/#Overview
> >
> This is news to me, thanks for bringing it up!
>
> Martin, do you think we could replace our strokemaps in MyPaint with
> this format, or at least import from/export to it? This would give us
> a well-defined data format that we could put into OpenRaster
> documents.

Interesting stuff. Replacing the MyPaint strokemaps with it would mean to
rethink the whole concept; the strokemap is based on black-and-white
bitmaps, not on vectors.

It sure would be possible to save stroke information, either alongside with
the current strokemap, or in place of it, with some effort.  But what for?
Anyone got plans/ideas how to use this information?

--
Martin Renold