List:       freedesktop-create
Subject:    Re: [CREATE]
From:       ginger coons <ginger () adaptstudio ! ca>
Date:       2010-09-24 18:36:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Louis! Great idea! I love the concept of offering up our magazine as a
special insert in existing Linux magazines. In addition, there are two other
ideas that have been batted around about sponsorship: 1. Sponsorship from
existing arts funding bodies, which is something more likely once we've
published the first two issues. 2. Approaching sponsors (like those who have
already sponsored LGM) to, effectively, buy up an issue of Libre Graphics
Magazine (but not in an editorial way, of course) by giving them the per
issue printing cost and asking them to cover it, in exchange for a
guaranteed circulation number (which they're assured of through their
funding) and exclusive advertising rights in that issue (aside from pro bono
ads for F/LOSS graphics projects).

--
ginger "all-lower-case" coons
adaptstudio.ca