List:       freedesktop-create
Subject:    [CREATE] OpenRaster as multi-resolution format
From:       Frédéric <frederic.mantegazza () gbiloba ! org>
Date:       2007-03-13 18:06:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,

I'm making panoramas, and the software I'm using (not free :o/ ) is able to
use images at different resolutions (maybe hugin can do that...). But in
fact, it just convert low-res images to fit the larger-res ones. The
result is a big image with some areas in full res, and some in low res,
but upscaled. So, this is a wast of place.

I was wondering if there are images formats able to store an image with
different resolution to deal with this problem? As you are working on a
new open-format for images, could this feature be added to it? Reading the
spec, I was thinking that it could be done using different layers, and
layer masks. The low-res layer could just be upscaled when displayed...
But I'm far from an expert :o/

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org