List:       freeciv-i18n
Subject:    Re: [Freeciv-i18n] Gaelic again
From:       Michael Bauer <fios () akerbeltz ! org>
Date:       2011-07-18 11:58:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hiya,
Already had that (fios@akerbeltz.org)
> write permissions will then come after setting up public key
> authentication with Gna. We have a tutorial for this on the wiki
> (search for 'svn').
Hrr, you mean http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Svn? I got as far as
checking out the /po directory (after accidentally checking out all of
trunk cause .../trunk freeciv as suggested on the page threw an error
telling me there's no such thing). I can add the gd.po file but when I
try to commit I run into the following message from Tortoise:
Can't create directory '/var/svn/freeciv/db/transactions/19972-1.txn':

I suspect that's where I need the pka but the page doesn't say anything
about how to get that.

18/07/2011 05:18, sgrìobh Daniel Markstedt:
> You use a command called 'msgmerge' which is one of the Gnu gettext
> utilities. The manpage should offer more insight.
>
> One convenient (IMO) shortcut in Freeciv is to do 'make ga.pox' in the
> Freeciv po dir. This will merge your translation with the up to date
> freeciv.pot file. The output is in 'ga.pox' while 'ga.po' is
> untouched. Rename ga.pox to ga.po when you're happy with the results.
> Also, the above assumes that you have a compiled copy of the Freeciv
> source tree on your computer
I'm getting a bit very lost and my Ubuntu machine is out of action just
now on top of that. I obviously need to sort the SVN thing but but
perhaps it might be easier if someone could grap the gd.po and do that
for me? I suspect it takes less than 60 seconds for someone who knows
what they're doing but I've just spent 2 hours trying to figure this
without much success :/ I'm much more of a translator than a programmer.

In case someone is feeling charitable that way, I've uploaded the gd.po
(note it's NOT ga, which is Irish) to my site
http://www.akerbeltz.org/gd.rar I can then grab it from the svn /po
directory.

Cheers

Michael

--
*Akerbeltz*
Goireasan Gà idhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gà idhlig aig an lìon - feuch e:*
Am Faclair Beag <http://www.faclair.com/> â—¦ Akerbeltz
<http://www.akerbeltz.org> â—¦ Firefox <http://www.mozilla.com/gd/> â—¦
Thunderbird <http://www.mozillamessaging.com/gd/thunderbird/> â—¦ Opera 11
<http://www.opera.com/> â—¦ Opera Mini <http://www.opera.com/mobile/>
*Innealan do luchd-cleachdaidh Firefox/Thunderbird:*
Accentuate - strà can leotha fhèin
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/accentuateus/> â—¦ An
Dearbhair-litreachaidh Beag
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/scottish-gaelic-spell-checker/>