List:       freeciv-dev
Subject:    [Freeciv-Dev] [bug #21234] client-server problems
From:       Jacob Nevins <NO-REPLY.INVALID-ADDRESS () gna ! org>
Date:       2013-11-03 10:10:42

Please report separate symptoms as separate tickets (we can always decide
they're related later).

> 1) client has problems communicating with civserver when runing
> separate (civserver from cmd line/window)
> A) on server crash/exit, client still shows running game and
> does not revert to civclient start page (like 2.3- versions)
> [...]
Not seen this. We've had a few reports that make me think maybe Windows 2.4
builds are more flakey than Unix ones.

> B) when leaving game during runnig server, sometimes it closes
> server and sometimes only server gets "lost connection" error
Sounds like the server may be crashing in the former case? Did you run it from
a command prompt, so that the window doesn't close immediately and you can see
any error messages? Or, do you get any "this application has closed
unexpectedly" type popups?

> 2) client ignores "new citizens are" setting in city tab [...]
This sounds like the report in bug #21155; suggest continuing the analysis
there.

  <http://gna.org/bugs/?21234>