List:       freeciv-dev
Subject:    [Freeciv-Dev] [bug #18089] Want Left and middle click support to
From:       David Lowe <NO-REPLY.INVALID-ADDRESS () gna ! org>
Date:       2011-04-30 17:28:07

Actually, left click on on the minimap currently performs a goto for the
active unit(s).  It's kind of annoying, actually, since you can't really be
sure where you are clicking at that resolution.  But you'd have to convince
the community to give up on that use of the left click before you can reassign
scrolling to it - i expect that won't be easy to do.

Let me humbly offer another suggestion, though i'm not entirely sure it is
feasible - particularly across multiple GUIs.  How about if the cursor is over
the minimap then the keyboard arrows could be used to scroll the minimap?  I'm
not sure, however, if GTK et al will allow us to steal the focus in this
fashion.

  <http://gna.org/bugs/?18089>