List:       freeciv-dev
Subject:    [Freeciv-Dev] [bug #18088] Chat tab has white background when using
From:       anonymous <NO-REPLY.INVALID-ADDRESS () gna ! org>
Date:       2011-04-30 14:27:48

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: no@email.net
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 2.2.5
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
         Planned Release:

Details:

I am using vanilla freeciv-2.2.5 compiled on 32-bit Slackware Linux 13.37.
I'm using a custom dark GTK theme (Cillop-Midnite) that's being set by
GTK2_RC_FILES env variable. When freeciv-gtk starts, it honors the theme, but
there are a few places that keep a white background:

1. Start freeciv-gtk -> Load saved game -> choose a game, press OK -> the log
window has a white background

2. In-game, the Chat tab has a white background as well.

I suspect this happens because freeciv might be using hardcoded background
values in these places (I don't have skills to inspect the source code
myself).

Also, in-game going to Game->Options->Local Client and explicitly changing
the theme to Cillop-Midnite still heeps that Chat background white. It stays
white even after I save options and restart the game.

Note: the email is fake (I'm not using email at all).

  <http://gna.org/bugs/?18088>