List:       freebsd-www
Subject:    Re: mailscanner.
From:       Remko Lodder <remko () elvandar ! org>
Date:       2009-08-28 17:39:19

On Aug 28, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Richard Mealing wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Please can you advise why I only see the following on the ports -
> MailScanner-devel-4.60.5_4
> <http://cvsweb.FreeBSD.org/ports/mail/mailscanner-devel>
>

> When on the mailscanner site I see the following -Version 4.78.14-1
> <http://mailscanner.info/files/4/tar/MailScanner-install-4.78.14-1.tar.g
> z>
>

> Can this be updated at all?

Hello,

You emailed the wrong list; you emailed the webmasters list while you
are asking about a port.
So you think that the port is too old and should be updated?

If you would notice the mail/mailscanner version you will see that it
is much more up to date
then the -devel version. The devel version got stale and might need to
be updated again.

Perhaps the maintainer is busy, in case you need this urgently I will
await your port update
so that the ports team can update this. Else please understand that we
are volunteers and things
take time.

Thanks,
Remko