List:       freebsd-wireless
Subject:    testing required: AR9170 support
From:       Adrian Chadd <adrian () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2015-09-25 7:49:46

hi!

i finally finished (re-did!) the AR9170 support. It's a ported driver
from OpenBSD.

it's in https://github.com/erikarn/otus/ .

The build installs both the newer carl9170 firmware for when I migrate
to using that, and the firmware the openbsd driver supports
(otus-init, otus-main.) It's .. very old firmware. I plan on migrating
to more recent firmware once I get it to build and run.

Meanwhile, 11bg seems quite stable. I don't have an 11a NIC so I can't
test it and I won't be doing 11n support until I get updated firmware.
It however is very much a draft 11n device, so it likely won't do all
the shiny 11n things anyway.

I'd appreciate some testing and feedback!

Thanks!

-adrian