List:       freebsd-standards
Subject:    RE: renice
From:       "Peter Avalos" <pavalos () theshell ! com>
Date:       2001-12-13 4:31:58

> It would be inadvisable to even use this as a reference.
> style(9) has been completely distroyed between revision 1.1
> and 1.2.  Added to that, the only functionality changes were
> combined with the destylification to culminate into one truly
> undesirable delta.  Also, the renice.c file is missing a few
> revisions made in FreeBSD.

I took a look and it seems like he just accepts -n as a valid argument
instead of actually doing something with it. I went ahead and made my
own changes to the source, but I need some help with the man page.
Here's my work:

http://www.theshell.com/~pavalos/renice.diff

-Add __FBSDID
-Order #include's
-accept the -n argument
-interpret all arguments as id's for either -g, -p, or -u. The previous
renice would accept multiple -g, -p, and -u options. I'm having a hard
time explaining this, so hopefully the new usage() explains it better.

> It looks like NetBSD has added this functionality already,
> without making hundreds of style mistakes. :)  If necessary,
> we could borrow their code, but I suspect the change will be
> trivial enough as to not require a reference. :)

I took a look after I wrote this patch and it looks like I'm not doing
anything too crazy.

Please let me know if there's any questions/concerns.

Thanks,
Pete