List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.1
From:       Kent Stewart <kstewart () urx ! com>
Date:       2001-03-14 9:03:35

Irvine Short wrote:

> It now compiles straight out of the box, thanks for all the work guys!
>
> Now though it hangs a long time on "initialising peripherals" and then
> gives me a plain grey screen.

Looks like you need to run the setup or config again. My coppermine
based system has an old SIS video card in it. I couldn't run XF86Setup
and had to run the config version.

> Anyone using it seccuessfully on FreeBSD?

I am on 4 computers. I updated the fastest two to the 4.3-beta2 source
after JKH announced beta-2. The system with dual 866 coppermines is
running fine. The AMD 900 Thunderbird can't find libmng.so.0. I will
reinstall that set in a few minutes. It was running before I exited to
do the install world and then rebooted. There were also some
inconsistencies when I originally upgraded the HD's. This isn't the
first problem and I assume it won't be the last.

Kent

> I'm running 4.3-BETA from yesterday.
> --
>
> Irvine Short
>
> Sys Admin
> SANBI, University of the Western Cape, South Africa
> http://www.sanbi.ac.za
> tel: +27-21-959 3645
> fax: +27-21-959 2512
> cel: +27-82-494 3828