List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    xl0: tx underrun
From:       Irvine Short <irvine () sanbi ! ac ! za>
Date:       2000-05-30 14:48:34

Hi All!

I'm getting these occasionally on my 3.4STABLE box here:

xl0: transmission error: 90
xl0: tx underrun, increasing tx start threshold to 120 bytes

But it doesnt seem to cause too many problems.

However, I get them all the time on another box running 3.4-RELEASE
which is a Samba server.

If someone hammers the server (usually by running a backup from a Win 98
workstation) it will reliably generate loads of the above error, then
lock up solid.

The two machines are quite different, the one with the mild symptoms is
a Celeron 466 w 256MB RAM and the bad one is a Pentium 133 with 64MB RAM
on an Intel HX chipset.

--

Irvine Short

SANBI Sys Admin