List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    Re: quota panics
From:       "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter () jurai ! net>
Date:       1998-09-30 21:00:16

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
> > Why would setquota not work when quotas are on?
>
> I was told that might account for the panic I saw.  Granted I only saw
> it after turning off quotas, turning them back on, and then doing a
> bunch of setquota's...

Ya, the off then on bit would tend to muck things up a bit.

I tested set/get quota quite a bit before I released them to the wild and
I'm pretty sure they're as potty trained as any other quota frobbing
utility.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  |This space | '78 Datsun 280Z | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |is for rent| '84 Volvo 245DL | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |