List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    Start of "Container Orchestration" wiki page
From:       Alexander Leidinger via freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2020-07-24 9:43:35

This message is in MIME format and has been PGP signed.

Hi,

I have started a wiki page wich talks about container orchestration.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/ContainerOrchestration

It is not yet connected to the front-page (anyone with a good idea
where it fits in the frontpage: feel free to add it there).

My goal of this page (I'm open to extend or change the goal) is to
break up a little bit the image of a container (= a concept) being
equal to docker (an implementation of the concept + an orchestration
tool), and to show what we already have in this area. So this is
partly PR/marketing, and partly knowledge transfer.

I have added the tools I'm aware of, and for those which I had in use
or was quickly able to grab the info I was adding to the tools I
use/know.

It would be nice if some people would chime in and help a little bit
out with content and ideas there.

Bye,
Alexander.
--