List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    freebsd-update 10.0p5 ->10.1 hits chflags or other problems on libc.so and init
From:       George Michaelson <ggm () pobox ! com>
Date:       2015-02-13 5:31:28

Whats the right path out, when freebsd-update barfs on chflags for files?

I've been hit by libc.so and /sbin/init being barfed.

This is possibly the second time. I have about 15 hosts to do, holding off
the rest until I understand the risks.

(simple searches don't show a fix, but do show back history of
freebsd-update sometimes coming unstuck on this kind of thing)

-G