List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    Re: usb 2.0 and re(4) on 6.2-BETA2
From:       Lodewijk Koopman <lkoopman () gong ! nl>
Date:       2006-10-29 12:29:22

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your reply; it is useful to know I'm not the only one.

> Lodewijk Koopman wrote:
>> RE(4) LAN
>> The ASUS P5B has an onboard Realtek 8168B/8111B ethernet chip. It is
>> detected and hooked up to re0, but I get very bad network
>> connectivity. Some sites work, some don't. If I load www.google.com
>> for instance the page keeps loading indefinitely, and I only see the
>> top part of the page. The same chip works correctly under Windows XP.
>
> I just wanted to say that I'm seeing the exact same thing on my laptop
> with 8111B. Specifically 'fetch http://jpegclub.net/jpegexiforient.c'
> never completes. So at least you're not the only one with a problem. I'm
> kind of new to this... is this a candidate for a bug report?

I'm not sure if the re(4) driver is supposed to support this NIC,
although the driver is assigned to this NIC at boot. I'll check whether
this issue has been reported before, and otherwise submit a report myself.

By the way; did you mean jpegclub.org instead of .net? If so: I'm seeing
the same as you.

Regards,
Lodewijk