List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    Setup and Boot Sequence Issues Revisited
From:       Benjamin Sher <delphi123 () zebra ! net>
Date:       2006-03-07 23:04:42

Dear friends:

Sorry to report that the issue may be more complicated.

1) I played around with the $15 Micro keyboard that successfully allowed
access to my Setup. I set the boot sequence for the CD Rom and inserted
my Win XP Pro OS CD. I then saved the settings and let it boot. It
brought up the line about booting from the CD. So, I clicked hoping that
this would allow me to bring up the WinXP CD. Instead, I got the same
"Click on F1 to retry Setup or Click on F12 for boot menu." When I
clicked on these options, I ended up in a loop.

2) I have a DVD player drive (for movies, etc) that is listed as one of
the drives (listed as "OFF", volume=Unknown). Options when clicking on
it: OFF or n/a. Unfortunately, the boot sequence lists only three

I was considering buying the latest Linux Format magazine with the
FreeBSD DVD, but now it seems that, due to the restrictions of my BIOS,
I will not be able to install anything from this DVD into my second hard
drive. Is that true?

Thank you all so much.

Benjamin