List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    RE: Stable with SATA
From:       "Bjoern Koenig" <bkoenig () cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2004-06-29 8:38:15

Ivan wrote:

> i tried to install freebsd from a bootable cd. but the installer
> does not find my sata drive. the promise fastrak driver is not
> listed in the active on inactive drivers list. what can i do?

So I guess 378 is a newer ATA controller chip. It is not supported (yet?) by
FreeBSD 4.10. (Maybe you like to bother Promise to provide FreeBSD drivers
for end customers ;-) You will have more luck with FreeBSD 5.2.1. I'm sorry
about my ignorance concerning Promise products and drivers, but I never used
their controllers.

Bjoern