List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    Re: SV: Does 4.9-RELEASE work with 3Ware RAID card?
From:       Francisco Reyes <lists () natserv ! com>
Date:       2003-11-24 19:57:57

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> its slow in RAID5, but thats more RAID5 than anything. This is a 3W-7810

Back when I tested it, it was not terribly slow, but you could notice the
difference.

> ... However, it can easily handle 10Mb/s streamed at it which is what we
> need it for since its our offsite backup server :)  Our experience in 0,1
> and 10 have been really great.

That is also the experience I had.
For anyone that can get at least 4 drives I highly recommend 10 on those
boards.

I have an old machine with an old 6400 3ware card running 4.7.
It is scheduled to go out of production on some weeks so I will be able to
play with it then again. It is inside our firewalls so never really
bothered too much upgrading it. I ended up splitting the 4 drives into 2
for a Raid 1 and 2 for a raid 0. Has been rock stable..