List:       freebsd-stable
Subject:    Re: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update
From:       Ruben van Staveren <ruben () verweg ! com>
Date:       2003-03-20 8:15:33

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:33:00PM -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
> There's some sort of problem with SMP and the DRI on both -current and
> -stable.  I haven't had any time to look at it.

The old (drm-kmod) version is fine and will load as a module (if you had it
compiled with -DSMP -DAPIC_IO) under -stable.

Compiling the drm-patch version with these flags resulted in lockups under
SMP, wether you opted for the compiled in version or the .ko one.
Works like a charm on uniprocessor systems though.

We are talking about a dual PII 400 (440 BX chipset) with a matrox G450.

Cheers,
	Ruben

--
  /() ) |       Ruben van Staveren      http://ruben.is.verweg.com/      |_o