List:       freebsd-sparc64
Subject:    dhclient and dhcp weirdisms
From:       "Bri" <brian () ukip ! com>
Date:       2002-07-15 14:57:59

Recently I've been playing around with lots of different network cards that
I've registered with my ISP and some of these cards detect an IP address
instantly others take around a few minutes others are just impossible and
you'll never detect one for hours or even days. I'm really confused of why
this is I've managed to find a card that just detects an address everytime.
I've been testing this on my PC using FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE and it works just
fine on the interface ed0. I plan to put this card which is PCI into my Sun
computer and I've noticed when I build the kernel the ed device fails to
compile when I add the line device ed to the KERNEL config file and do a
config MY_KERNEL cd ../compile/MY_KERNEL make depend make etc...
I'm wondering whether I'll be actually to put the card in the sun ultra 5
and will PC hardware work on a Sun Box ?

Bri,