List:       freebsd-smp
Subject:    Re: Freeze with SMP and CAM-19980712! (BAD News)
From:       Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <Lars.Koeller () post ! uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       1998-08-27 5:44:25

----------

Hello!

 > >> Justin ?? ever tested it under SMP ??
 > >
 > >	My home machine is a dual P6-200 box.  (ASUS P/I-P65UP5 w/ C-P6ND
 > >cpu board)  It has been running CAM for well over a year now without any
 > >trouble.
 >
 > That being said, there is a known problem with timeouts that the CAM code
 > seems to trigger only in some SMP environments.  Ken can't reproduce this
 > problem, but Mark Murray can.  As soon as I catch a spare moment, I'll be
 > looking into this, but I doubt that it is a CAM specific bug.

Yesterday the freze
also happend in a non SMP CAM-19980712 Environment (same kernel
without SMP as before). The only stable System at the moment is
the 2.2.7-RELEASE. I never get a freeze there.

So lets conclude: There seems to be a Problem in 3.0-SNAP SMP, or/and
                  3.0CAM SMP and nonSMP which lead to an abrupt
                  freeze of the system.
		  It can't be a hardware problem, cause 2.2.7 is rock stable
		  on the same machine!

Any ideas how I can help to find the error?

Best regards

Lars

PS: I'm on holiday until 17.9.
--
E-Mail:                                     |  Lars Köller
  Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE              |  UNIX Sysadmin