List:       freebsd-smp
Subject:    Re: Only 1 Processor Detected 4.5-Release
From:       Andreas Klemm <andreas () FreeBSD ! ORG>
Date:       2003-02-22 14:34:56

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:49:25AM -0800, vizion communication wrote:
> Interesting you ask this question.. I was just wondering
> about how to test a multiple processor system  and its
> performance. Are there any useful tools that anyone could
> recomend?

Top shows a CPU column if more than 1 CPU is detected.
Then you can test performance by compiling the "world"
by using make -j with different setting for -j.
You should in general see a performance increase.

Actually no idea what more you wanna see, or if this
is sufficient.

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.7