List:       freebsd-security
Subject:    Re: Hitlist for Security
From:       Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh () starjuice ! net>
Date:       2001-06-29 10:04:29

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:07:06 MST, Erick Mechler wrote:

> I would start with the security advisories (www.freebsd.org/security).

You would?  I'd start with the Security chapter of the FreeBSD Handbook.
:-)

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/security.html

Then I'd look at Jan Koum's tutorial, which is linked off the security
page you suggested.

	http://people.FreeBSD.org/~jkb/howto.html

There's a lot of overlap.

With this background under your belt, the security advisories are going
to be a whole lot more useful. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.