List:       freebsd-security
Subject:    upgrading bind from cvsup'd tree
From:       Joshua Goodall <joshua () roughtrade ! net>
Date:       2001-01-31 19:19:14

time being precious, I executed the following on a recently cvsup'd
source tree:

cd /usr/src/lib/libbind/
make && make install
cd /usr/src/lib/libisc/
make && make install
cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/named/
make && make install

I'm asking the eyes on this list (Kris?) to confirm that this is a
sufficient way to rebuild all vulnerable parts - be they libraries or core
code or whatever - pending the completion of a complete
{build&&install}world.

n.b.

$ nslookup -q=txt -class=CHAOS version.bind. 127.0.0.1
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

VERSION.BIND    text = "8.2.3-REL"
$

so it *smells* good. I'm checking that it's properly cooked.

TIA

joshua

--
Joshua Goodall        A friend of mine works for a medium-sized telco.
                                He has no phone, because (and I quote)