List:       freebsd-scsi
Subject:    Re: sa(4) jamming
From:       J Wunsch <j () uriah ! heep ! sax ! de>
Date:       2001-04-30 22:00:24

As Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> > > /*      R       */{SST(0x00, 0x12, SS_NOP,
> > >                         "Audio play operation paused") },
> >
> > [etc]
> >
> > Hmm, i can't seem to trigger them, patched or unpatched system.  After
> > looking into the SCSI-2 documents, it seems they are not returned as
> > sense codes but in the Audio Status field of an READ SUB-CHANNEL
> > command.
>
> Hmm, yeah, maybe those sense codes are from an older spec or something.

I see them also in the ASC/ASCQ table of SCSI-2 (and thus they are
certainly also in SCSI-3), but the reference in the text for those
messages is only for READ SUB-CHANNEL.  Nevermind.

> > (sa0:sym0:0:1:0): READ(06). CDB: 8 0 0 80 0 0
> > (sa0:sym0:0:1:0): CAM Status: SCSI Status Error
> > (sa0:sym0:0:1:0): SCSI Status: Check Condition
> > (sa0:sym0:0:1:0): NO SENSE info:8000 asc:0,1
> > (sa0:sym0:0:1:0): Filemark detected
> > (sa0:sym0:0:1:0): Retries Exhausted
> > (sa0:sym0:0:1:0): error 5
> > (sa0:sym0:0:1:0): Unretryable Error

> Are you getting any error messages prior to the ones printed above?
> Do you get any printfs when the ILI problem happens?

Nope, the ILI case doesn't cause any message to be printed.
Obviously, cam_periph_error() eventually returns to saerror() with a
return code of 0, and without printing anything.

(Just to clarify: bootverbose was set, of course.)