List:       freebsd-scsi
Subject:    Can you please assist ?
From:       info () southern-software ! com
Date:       2000-06-18 0:23:37

We are a software development company that specializes in security software.  For \
some time now we have been working on developing a Client email program that contains \
security features never before available.

In order for us to make this program the best that it can possibly be, we ask your \
assistance by taking a few minutes to answer these important questions for us.

Which of the following functions do you consider to be important or essential for an \
email program?

For questions 1-7, please rate 1-5.  (1 being the least important and 5 being most \
important).

A client email program should have:
Question 1: 	The ability to prevent certain attachments that may possibly be carrying \
a virus.  (This allows you to accept only safe attachments)
Importance Rating______

Question 2:	Automatic searching for file attachments that have been renamed or \
tampered with. (Virus senders can rename vbs files to txt files hoping you will open \
them) Importance Rating______

Question 3:	The ability to limit the size of incoming email and attachments.
(Reduce time wasted downloading large files, graphics, audio files, jokes, etc.)
Importance Rating______

Question 4:	The ability to select the size of outgoing emails and attachments.
(Saves bandwidth as large files are roughly doubled when transferred by email).
Importance Rating______

Question 5:	An encrypted Address Book.
(This will stop worm viruses sending copies of itself to your clients and/or \
friends). Importance Rating______

Question 6:	The ability to restrict the number of attachments and size of attachments \
sent or received. And the ability to the restrict types of attachments received. \
(Gives control to employers and eliminate privacy issues arising). Importance \
Rating______

Question 7:	A viewable log file containing information such as; email deleted without \
being opened, when email was downloaded, when email was read (opened), if email was \
forwarded or replied to etc. (Mail management and accountability at a glance)
Importance Rating______

Question 8:	Has your company been the victim of a computer virus attack?
Yes/No    ________

Question 9:	If yes to question 8, approximately how many hours did it take to fix the \
problem? Hours      ________

Question 10:	If an email program was developed with the above security features, \
would you be interested in trialing a free demonstration version? Yes/No   ________

Question 11:          What percentage of email traffic is personal email?

We sincerely thank you for your time in answering these important questions for us.

Sincere thanks,
Graeme A. Ryan