List:       freebsd-scsi
Subject:    Re: Seagate vs Quantum.. opinions?
From:       J Wunsch <j () uriah ! heep ! sax ! de>
Date:       1999-08-26 6:28:11

As Christopher Masto wrote:

> I have a situation where I asked for Seagate Barracudas and was
> shipped "QUANTUM ATLAS IV 9 WLS 0707" instead.  Before I send them
> back, I want to make sure I'd be making the right decision.

I think this decision can't be wrong (to return the Quantums since
they aren't what you asked for).  I can remember Kenneth's repeated
statements that Seagate and IBM are those who make the drives with the
best SCSI firmware, and this also matches my own experience (with the
notable exception of Seagate Medalist, which are -- sorry -- crap).

All i've seen so far from Quantum tells me that they've got a, ahem,
very special understanding of the SCSI standard, to put it mildly.

--
cheers, J"org