List:       freebsd-scsi
Subject:    Umlauts [was: Re: cvs commit: src/sys/cam cam_xpt.c]
From:       J Wunsch <j () uriah ! heep ! sax ! de>
Date:       1999-03-23 21:54:41

As Warner Losh wrote:

> That's why you can use oe rather than ö.  This is true for the
> german umlaut, but I don't know about other languages.

Yep, <vowel>e transcriptions are quite common here (`ß' is
transcripted as `ss' then), as well as the LaTeX transcriptions like
"a for ä.

I don't think other languages use anything like this, so in case you
can't spell Søren Schmidt correctly, it's IMHO best to call him Soren
instead.

--
cheers, J"org