List:       freebsd-scsi
Subject:    Re: Support for Mylex Flashpoint Adapters?
From:       "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken () plutotech ! com>
Date:       1998-11-15 23:44:36

Andreas S. Wetzel wrote...
> Recently I was wondering if the bt driver in FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE supports the
> Mylex (aka Buslogic) BT-930/BT-950 (Flashpoint) series of host adapters.

Nope, they aren't supported in any version of FreeBSD.

> The
> heading of all relevant files do only list the BT-956/BT-958 (MultiMaster)
> hostadapters, but the file /sys/pci/bt_pci.c defines a
> PCI_DEVICE_ID_BUSLOGIC_FLASHPOINT macro which seems otherwise unused?

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

> Are there concrete plans for supporting the flashpoint adapters?

Justin has been planning on updating the buslogic driver to support the
Flashpoint cards.  The Mylex people promised him boards, but so far they
haven't delivered.  I think he's making other arrangements to get the
cards.

> Are they downward compatible to the MultiMaster Adapters?

I don't think they're compatible.

> Also I would be interested in the technical details and differences between
> the MultiMaster and Flashpoint adapters. Does anyone have experiences with
> these controllers using FreeBSD?

Well, no one has experience using the Flashpoint adapters under FreeBSD.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com