List:       freebsd-scsi
Subject:    mfi DELL H810 support
From:       Mathieu Simon <mathieu.sim () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-12-07 9:20:09

G'day

I've also run in a similar situation but it seems the manpage could need
some updating
since the new driver actually supports a wider range of mfi controllers
than yet documented.

From reading I'm quite certain PERC H810 is a MegaRAID, not an plain HBA
thus I'd guess your
bet with mfi wasn't wrong, mps is for HBA or HBA-mode flashed RAID boards.

Just give it a try, if mfiutil can 'show adapters' and 'show drives' you
might be lucky.
But thunderbolt/drake skinny support was only merged after 8.3 and 9.0,
so your first
try might be with 9.1.

Since I'm quite new to FreeBSD I didn't knew better than making a
problem report
for the adapters I found they worked for me (shameless plug):

pfSense has imported the patches from 8-STABLE and yet I haven't
experienced problems
with mfi using a IBM ServeRAID M1115 (I hope it stays as such... and
thanks to the developers!).

Best regards
Mathieu