List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD ? What kind of OS is that ?
From:       Giorgos Keramidas <keramida () ceid ! upatras ! gr>
Date:       2001-06-30 10:04:33

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 05:21:16PM +0200, Peter Ulrich (Uli) Kruppa wrote:

> Installing FreeBSD-current is the greatest adventure I ever played :-)

And damn those FreeBSD folk, it ain't that much of an adventure anymore.

I only watched freebsd-current for a couple of days, and chose a day
that the list was kind of 'quiet' for a couple of days.  I backed up
my important data on a couple of cdrom disks, CVSup'ed, built world,
kernel, reboot, mergemaster, and it worked.

The damn thing worked the first time through.
There... my adventure was gone.  Truly a pity :(

-giorgos