List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    Postgres error --Bad system call
From:       GoodleafJ () immunex ! com
Date:       2001-04-13 17:09:17

Hello,
Downloaded newest postgres port and installed just fine. Initdb worked as
usual. Yet when I try to start the postmaster, I get Bad System Call and
have the core dumped. The odd thing is that I do have the SYS V options in
my kernel. Specifically I have:

options        SYSVSHM
options        SYSVMSG
options        SYSVSEM

in the kernel. I am aware, from looking at LINT, that there are more
related options, but I have to confess I don't entirely understand them. In
the past though, I have had no trouble getting Postgres to work with just
these options.

I am running 4.2 STABLE, last compiled/updated around Jan 3.

-John

If you could cc me I'd appreciate it. Am not on this list.