List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    ft problem
From:       "Christoph Prevezanos" <Christoph.Prevezanos () post ! uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       1998-08-31 19:38:43

Hello!

On one old freebsd-box I still have a QIC-80-tape which I try to use for backups.

If I backup "small" datasets with
tar cvzf - mydata | ft "mydata save"

very thing works fine. When I try to backup more (> 10MB), I get the following \
error-message:

/kernel   ft0:unrecoverable write-error on BLOCK 320

Same error with all my tapes and with all datasets on my harddisk... but alway at \
another progress of work.