List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    Backup suggestions
From:       kjep () kajen ! com (Johan Petersson)
Date:       1998-06-28 17:19:00

Hi,

   I have a small network consisting of one Windows95 and one FreeBSD 2.2.6 (running \
samba) computer. The way I see it there are two ways to back up this system.

The cheap way: An Iomega Ditto Max in the Win95 computer would be able to back up the \
FreeBSD machine over the network, right?

The expensive way: A SCSI DAT tape drive in the FreeBSD machine. Is it possible to \
run the backup software on the Win95 computer and somehow access the DAT tape?

Any suggestions on other solutions?

Regards
Johan Petersson