List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    ggatec: ioctl(/dev/ggctl): Invalid argument
From:       Bhaskar Singhal via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2015-02-27 9:14:50

Hi,
I am trying to use ggatec to mount a device from another host running the same \
FreeBSD version (8.1) and I am seeing the following error: freebsd-2% ggatec create \
                -vo rw hostname /dev/xbd7
info: Connected to the server: hostname:3080.
debug: Sending version packet.
debug: Sending initial packet.
debug: Receiving initial packet.
debug: Received initial packet.
info: Connected to the server: hostname:3080.
debug: Sending version packet.
debug: Sending initial packet.
debug: Receiving initial packet.
debug: Received initial packet.
error: ggatec: ioctl(/dev/ggctl): Invalid argument.
error: Exiting.
If I use ggatec to mount the device from the same host (i.e. ggated and ggatec on \
same host), than it works, but for remote host it doesn't. Any ideas?

Regards,Bhaskar