List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    RE: DNS
From:       Robert Huff <roberthuff () rcn ! com>
Date:       2012-01-02 6:04:15

Kevin Zheng writes:

>  FreeBSD comes with a name server already installed; you don't
>  need to get it from the ports, although I'm not sure what
>  difference it makes.

	The version in ports is a later issue in te BIND 9.* series.
If the difference is important to you, you probably aren't
contributing to this conversarion.  :-)
	(While the version in base being slightly earlier is in keeping
with the general FreeBSD philosophy, I believe it gets all the
security updates.)

			Robert Huff