List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    msmtp/comcast
From:       Rem P Roberti <remegius () comcast ! net>
Date:       2010-08-22 16:37:10

  Anyone using msmtp with Comcast?  I have in the past used this in
conjunction with Mutt, but can't get it to work now.  Here is my .msmtprc:

account        default
host             smtp.comcast.net
from <my email address>
auth            on
user <user name>
password <my passwrd>
port            587

When I try to send from Mutt I get this error message:

msmtp: cannot use a secure authentication method
msmtp: could not send mail (account default from /home/rem/.msmtprc

As I say, I have in the past used this setup with Comcast and it worked
fine.

---Rem