List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    Re: multimedia/ffmpeg fails with internal compiler error
From:       Eitan Adler <lists () eitanadler ! com>
Date:       2010-05-31 17:50:51

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 05:16:50PM +0300, Eitan Adler wrote:
>> Is this a
>> a) PEBKAC
>
> Maybe. I don't know how many ports have actually been tested with gcc 4.6. I'm
> guessing the ports build cluster uses the base system compiler or the required version.

I've been using gcc46 for a while now and just remove certain ports in
/etc/make.conf

     SSSE3=on "Enable ssse3 support (gcc 4.4+)"

seems to mean that 4.4+ works.

>> d) compiler problem (as the error seems to be saying)
>
> Could be. I recompiled it with gcc-4.4.5.20100518 without problems. So it
> could be a bug specific to gcc 4.6.

Maybe I will do as the error says and report the error ;)

> e) hardware error.
unlikely: I tested both my RAM and HDD recently. It is also the only
port that has failed with this type of error.

> Sometimes these errors are triggered by e.g. bad RAM.
>
> Does removing these cflags make any difference?

turning off OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS (but leaving ssse3) does not help.

--
Eitan Adler