List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    Servers seem slow in home network ...
From:       Kiffin Gish <kiffin () gish ! demon ! nl>
Date:       2005-11-30 18:44:58

I recently installed two FreeBSD servers (webserver and fileserver) on a
home network which includes a number of Windows machines. These run
behind my ADSL router which has port 80 opened for the webserver
allowing access to a couple personal web sites.

They also run Apache and MySWL, but it seems that they are performing
more slowly than expected.

Is there a standard way to pinpoint where the performance bottlenecks
are coming from on my setup? Perhaps I need to fine-tune Apache and/or
MySQL?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot in advance.

--
Kiffin Gish <kiffin@gish.demon.nl>