List:       freebsd-questions
Subject:    Re: Suexec with Apache 1.3.29
From:       Danny MacMillan <flowers () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-04-30 13:48:58

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:20:14 -0400, Marty Landman
<MLandman@face2interface.com> wrote:

> On the side, this makes me wonder what the philosophy is on Windows
> servers where the whole permissions concept is nonexistent afaik.

Actually, server-side Windows has had much more sophisticated filesystem
permissions than the standard Unix file permissions since NT, when it
began using ACLs.  The addition of filesystem ACLs to FreeBSD is much more
recent.  That's about the extent of my knowledge; it's probable that other
Unix or Unix-like operating systems were using filesystem ACLs earlier
than FreeBSD.

--
Danny