List:       freebsd-ppc
Subject:    Re: o power/93203 ppc FreeBSD PPC Can't Write to Partitions.
From:       Super Biscuit <super_bisquit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-04-20 15:51:20

Now that's some killer news.

--- On Tue, 4/20/10, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org> wrote:

From: Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To: freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 1:17 AM

On 04/19/10 19:42, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Super Biscuit<super_bisquit@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
> > If you can get someone to port gpart from little endian to big endian, then it \
> > can be added to cd1 and boot-only. The code is dirty. I managed for the first \
> > header file to be built.
> > Just throwing this out there.
> > And thanks for helping me with my problems on installing.
> >
> This might be something to ask about on freebsd-geom as this sounds
> like a project worthy for other BE architectures like ARM (can be) and
> MIPS (can be).

gpart actually works perfectly fine on big-endian systems, including PPC. It turns \
out it wasn't in the install CD mfsroot, and thus not accessible from the fixit \
shell, so I've put some new install CDs from today's -CURRENT here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/FreeBSD-9.0-20100418-SNAP-powerpc/

The directions at http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/ppcinstall.txt should then \
apply to real CDs that you can download. The addition of gpart will make it into \
                8.1-RELEASE as well.
-Nathan