List:       freebsd-ppc
Subject:    Re: Inquriy to Freebsd availability for Macs
From:       paul beard <paulbeard () mac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-23 20:36:48

Timothy Knox wrote:

> Specifically, use Darwin <http://www.darwin.org/> which is the Mach/
> FreeBSD port for Apple Macs.

I just installed this on an older box and it seems OK. It comes
with a lot of tools (cc. et al) and X, plus the Fink package tools
  will install there (600 stable and 300+ evaluation packages).
I'm building some stuff now and it's been pretty smooth.

If you try it, this may help.

http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/archives/000083.html#000083

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the
subject.
		-- Winston Churchill