List:       freebsd-ppc
Subject:    ppc trap()
From:       John Baldwin <jhb () FreeBSD ! org>
Date:       2002-05-17 23:09:49

Your latest sync with NetBSD on trap() basically erased all the work I
did a while ago to update the trap() code to do things the FreeBSD way
versus the NetBSD way.  trap() now no longer calls things like userret(),
so there's not much hope of it working with KSE or several other things
in the kernel anytime soon.  You are free to do what you want on ppc
of course, but now that the trap code is completely non-FreeBSD-ish, I
won't bother to patch ppc anymore to try and keep it up to date with
other arch's as I make future changes as I would basically have to
rewrite trap again (so it can all be thrown out, again) and that doesn't
seem to be worth the effort atm.