List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Ports' QT5_USE assumes qt5-*, but build links executables to a specific minor version 5.7.*
From:       Yuri <yuri () rawbw ! com>
Date:       2017-04-10 15:36:02

I had this problem: system had the older qt5-*-5.6.1 version. I
installed qbittorrent using pkg. qbittorrent then failed saying it can't
find the Qt_5.7 tag.

QT5_USE makes sure qt5-* dependencies exist, but the actual dependency
is a specific qt5 minor version. pkg therefore installs such port but it
then fails.

Is there any solution to this problem? Are qt versions with different
minor numbers (qt5-*-5.6 and qt5-*-5.7) really incompatible? This might
be a bug in the qt build process that it requires the minor version match.

Yuri