List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Re: pkg repository in jail
From:       Baptiste Daroussin <bapt () FreeBSD ! org>
Date:       2012-08-31 10:44:23

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 02:38:33PM +0400, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hello.
> As far as I can see, one can create pkg repositories with poudriere.
> However, could I run it in jail?
> If I can't, can I create pkg-ng packages just with "make package", place
> it somewhere and use as a local repository?
>
> I just want to keep my host system absolutely clean (no packages, no
> services except SSH).
> --
> Best regards,
> Alexander Pyhalov,
> system administrator of Computer Center of Southern Federal University

If you are on a recent box (don't know minimal requirements) where you can run
jails in jails.

With some tuning: allowing a jail to mount zfs, nullfs, and preloading the
drivers linux, linprocfs, linsysfs, nullfs etc then it is doable. and allowing
your jail to run jails

I have a howto from a user who had done this, I have to work on it so that I can
turn it into a useful documentation.

regards,
Bapt