List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD Port: postgresql-server-8.4.8_1
From:       John Bleichert <syborg () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2011-06-14 4:34:36

On Jun 13, 2011, at 4:31 PM, Christer Solskogen wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:07 PM, John Bleichert <syborg@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Suggestions? Shall I hit the postgresql forums? I thought I'd ask here
> > first.
> >

> This is in a jail, right?
> Try adding this to /etc/sysctl.conf:
> security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1
>
> And/or run "sysctl security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1 as root on the host.
>
> --
> chs,

Thanks for getting back to me.

No, it's not in a jail. I think there may be something missing in my kernel config - \
I'm going to try it with the generic FreeBSD 8.2 kernel when I get back to the \
terminal on Wednesday. For what it's worth I built Postgres 8.4 from source manually \
and got exactly the same result.

Let me know if you can think of anything else.

Thanks again,

John

John Bleichert                syborg@earthlink.net
The heat from below can burn your eyes out!