List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    HEADSUP: if_xname change breaks some ports
From:       Brooks Davis <brooks () one-eyed-alien ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 19:21:42

Ports which access the internal kernel structure "struct ifnet" are
likely to be broken by the commits I made today.  Possiably outdated
patches for devel/libgtop, devel/libgtop2, net/wmnet, and net/wmnet2 are
available at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/patches/xname-ports/

Once I've got the base system issues resolved, I'll look at making sure
these patches are up to date.  If you run into other broken ports, I'm
happy to help fix them.  In general the fixes are trivial and many
portable programs just need #if tests to activate the correct code since
we are now more NetBSD and OpenBSD compatable.

-- Brooks

--=20