On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:41:23PM +1100, Andrew Reilly wrote: >Hi Alan, maintainer of the ports/print/cups port on FreeBSD, > >A bunch of other ports, like SAMBA, now require cups, and it seems like >a cool and groovy thing, so OK. > >But whereas I wasn't actually having any problems with good old lpr/lpd >and my postscript printer (a Lexmark Optra E312L), I can't find any CUPS >do_nothing.ppd or GenericPS.ppd that I would expect to talk to a generic >postscript printer. > >Any clues, or other fora where I might more profitably ask this >question? Use the PPD for Windows NT that came with the printer. It's NOT a do nothing ppd. Or go to Adobe's site, where you can download PPD files also. I have a PS printer, too, and I use the NT PPD and it works fine. -- AlanE (Alan Eldridge) Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs. KDE, KDE-FreeBSD Teams (http://www.kde.org, http://freebsd.kde.org/) To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org with "unsubscribe freebsd-ports" in the body of the message