List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Creating package in private area
From:       david taylor <dtayl () rocketmail ! com>
Date:       2003-01-29 3:07:31

Using release 4.5, is there a way to create a package in a
private area that installs in /usr/local by default?

When I do "make PREFIX=mydir install; make package" it
fails, since there seems to be no way to specify "Look in
mydir for the files to add to the package".

When I do "make PREFIX=mydir install package" the package
is created.  But when I pkg_add that package, it installs
in "mydir" (unless I specify "-p  /usr/local").

 I really would like to create packages in a safe, private
area (as can be done with Solaris, e.g.).

thanks,
dtayl